Smooth and silky creamed rapeseed honey with dried Strawberries for a Vitamin C-packed honey with a taste of summer.
Creamy, dreamy and an amazing treat to eat straight off the spoon, the creaminess of the Rapeseed honey combined with freeze dried Strawberries makes this honey an incredible experience.
Choose from 3 sizes of jar - 120g, 400g or 1kg, made in Scotland from an exclusive apiary in Longniddry, near Edinburgh.
The Raw Honey is simply filtered through muslin cloth and jarred right away without any processing. Rapeseed honey has a mild, buttery texture and tastes almost like fudge but is much healthier and packed full of vitamins. Top that off with the addition of freeze dried strawberries that retain their nutrients, you have a sweet treat that is popular with the whole family.
This can be devoured straight of the spoon but if you insist , here are some ideas on how to have fun with this pink sensation:
1) The most obvious one, on a toast.
The crispier the better. You can pair it with butter for even more lush results.
2) Pancakes. Say no more.
We all love a good old fluffy pancakes.
3)Stay calm and add it to your morning tea. Since it is a creamed honey dissolving it in boiling hot water should not be too demanding.
4)Ice cream. There is no better topping than honey.
Rape honey crystallises very fast in less than 25 degrees C. You can always de-crystalise your honey by submerging the jar in hot, yet not boiling water and let both cool down. This way you are malting the honey but not pasteurising it.
• Boosts immunity and helps naturally sooth a sore throat.
• Rapeseed Honey has anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties to help wave off colds, treat ulcers and promote digestive health.
RULES FOR USING HONEY IN BAKING
- Honey is very sweet: With the amount to one glass of sugar in the recipe, use the same amount of honey. At the amount of the glass, replace each glass of sugar with 2/3 to 3/4 glass of honey.
- Honey contains water: Using more than one glass of honey instead of sugar, reduce 1/4 cup of liquid for one glass of honey.
- Honey is browning faster: Lower the baking temperature by 5 degrees and check the browning level every 10-15 minutes.
- Honey is slightly sour: For baking, add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to a glass of honey (if it is not in the recipe). This will reduce acidity and ensure good dough rise.
- The taste of honey: Honey-flavoured light does not significantly affect the taste of baking, but stronger varieties, such as buckwheat honey, can give their specific flavour and aroma.
About Edinburgh Honey Co.
They are Edinburgh based beekeepers and honey merchants, specialising in rare, high-quality honey, hand-packed with recycled materials only.
For 60 years, this independent, family-run business has offered nothing but the highest quality honey, infused with the story of the people who made it. This passion for honey grew stronger with each year and now the 3rd generation of beekeeping traditions is bringing you the finest Polish honey and bee pollen.
All of their honey is being sourced in a sustainable and responsible way both from their own apiaries in Perthshire, Scotland and in Poland. The honey you buy is hand-packed with recycled materials, and it is 100% plastic free, delivered in low emission vehicles. Their dedication to recycling and ecology is deeply rooted in company values and work ethos.
Honey has a long shelf life at room temperature without using any preservatives (approx 2 years) - so this case is perfect for storing.
Shipping & Returns:
This product is dispatched by Edinburgh Honey Co.
Please note this product can only be delivered to UK addresses. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a request to ship to all other countries.
Please note that a returns slip will be provided.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.