Pure high quality sweet sunflower honey for nature's antibacterial healing.
This strong flavour honey is the great source of vitamins, minerals and simple “5 a day” sugars. The honey comes from family apiaries in Poland and Scotland. Choose from 2 sizes of jar - 400g or 1kg.
It has a strong classical aroma, a taste resembling white sugar (without the bees having been fed with such) and therefore goes well with black tea and morning porridge. Sunflower honey is the great source of vitamins, minerals and simple "5 a day" sugars. It is especially popular with kids as it looks like Winnie The Pooh's honey. Sunflower honey соlоr mау vаrу frоm lіght уеllоw tо dаrk уеllоw, оr gоldеn. Іt hаѕ frеѕh flаvоur.
It is simply filtered through muslin cloth and jarred right away without any processing. In fact, harmful substances and pollutants from the soil are retained in the sunflower stem, so the nectar that the bees collect remains intact. Sunflower crops are also not sprayed with insecticides, so you can be sure that this honey is pure.
Ѕunflоwеr hоnеу undеrgоеѕ а fаѕt сrуѕtаllіsаtіоn рrосеѕѕ (frоm 20 dауѕ tо 2 mоnthѕ), аѕ іn mоѕt саѕеѕ thе whоlе tехturе hаrdеnѕ, fоrmіng fіnе-grаіnеd сrуѕtаlѕ.
Іt іѕ іmроrtаnt tо knоw thаt thе соnѕumрtіоn оf сrуѕtаllіzеd hоnеу, nоt оnlу ѕunflоwеr hоnеу, hаѕ іtѕ аdvаntаgеѕ. Duе tо thе ѕlоwеr mеlt оf thе сrуѕtаlѕ іn thе mоuth, а numbеr оf nutrіеntѕ gо fаѕtеr іntо thе bоdу ѕуѕtеm thrоugh thе ѕublіnguаl glаndѕ.
You can always de-crystalise your honey by submerging jar in hot yet not boiling water and let both cool down. This way you are malting the honey but not pasteurising it.
• Sunflower honey has a healing effect with gastrointestinal diseases, the respiratory system, kidneys, skin issues and especially for the heart and circulatory system.
• It is useful for the rapid healing of wounds, burns and for the treatment of dermatitis, rhinitis and sinusitis, stimulating the immune system. As with other types of honey, it has anti-bacterial functions.
RULES FOR USING HONEY IN BAKING
- Honey is very sweet: With the amount to one glass of sugar in the recipe, use the same amount of honey. At the amount of the glass, replace each glass of sugar with 2/3 to 3/4 glass of honey.
- Honey contains water: Using more than one glass of honey instead of sugar, reduce 1/4 cup of liquid for one glass of honey.
- Honey is browning faster: Lower the baking temperature by 5 degrees and check the browning level every 10-15 minutes.
- Honey is slightly sour: For baking, add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to a glass of honey (if it is not in the recipe). This will reduce acidity and ensure good dough rise.
- The taste of honey: Honey-flavoured light does not significantly affect the taste of baking, but stronger varieties, such as buckwheat honey, can give their specific flavour and aroma.
About Edinburgh Honey Co.
They are Edinburgh based beekeepers and honey merchants, specialising in rare, high-quality honey, hand-packed with recycled materials only.
For 60 years, this independent, family-run business has offered nothing but the highest quality honey, infused with the story of the people who made it. This passion for honey grew stronger with each year and now the 3rd generation of beekeeping traditions is bringing you the finest Polish honey and bee pollen.
All of their honey is being sourced in a sustainable and responsible way both from their own apiaries in Perthshire, Scotland and in Poland. The honey you buy is hand-packed with recycled materials, and it is 100% plastic free, delivered in low emission vehicles. Their dedication to recycling and ecology is deeply rooted in company values and work ethos.
Raw Honey has a long shelf life at room temperature without using any preservatives (approx 2 years) - so this case is perfect for storing.
Shipping & Returns:
This product is dispatched by Edinburgh Honey Co.
Please note this product can only be delivered to UK addresses. Please contact email@example.com if you have a request to ship to all other countries.
Please note that a returns slip will be provided.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.