A classic taste of the Scottish Highlands and delicate apple blossom.
A delicious Scottish Blossom honey straight from the hives, simply filtered through muslin cloth and jarred right away without any processing. Choose from 2 sizes of jar - 400g or 1kg.
Made from an exclusive apiary at the Falkland Estate, where the bees are located in the middle of the apple orchard and surrounded by wildflower meadows and oak woodlands.
This Honey contains a variety of pollen from different plant species as the bees get to enjoy apple blossom nectar as well as clover, himalayan balsam, oak, lime and other wildflowers.
This honey is known to help with coughs and colds. It is a great source of different microelements and vitamins necessary in our daily diet and has a classic amber colour.
• Anti-inflammatory and is a very strong antioxidant, providing a source of phytonutrients and minerals.
• Boosts immunity and helps naturally sooth a sore throat.
• Scottish Blossom honey has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties to help wave off colds, promote the growth of good bacteria in the intestine and help with digestive issues. Also has been shown to help aid sleep.
RULES FOR USING HONEY IN BAKING
- Honey is very sweet: With the amount to one glass of sugar in the recipe, use the same amount of honey. At the amount of the glass, replace each glass of sugar with 2/3 to 3/4 glass of honey.
- Honey contains water: Using more than one glass of honey instead of sugar, reduce 1/4 cup of liquid for one glass of honey.
- Honey is browning faster: Lower the baking temperature by 5 degrees and check the browning level every 10-15 minutes.
- Honey is slightly sour: For baking, add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to a glass of honey (if it is not in the recipe). This will reduce acidity and ensure good dough rise.
- The taste of honey: Honey-flavoured light does not significantly affect the taste of baking, but stronger varieties, such as buckwheat honey, can give their specific flavour and aroma.
About Edinburgh Honey Co.
They are Edinburgh based beekeepers and honey merchants, specialising in rare, high-quality honey, hand-packed with recycled materials only.
For 60 years, this independent, family-run business has offered nothing but the highest quality honey, infused with the story of the people who made it. This passion for honey grew stronger with each year and now the 3rd generation of beekeeping traditions is bringing you the finest Polish honey and bee pollen.
All of their honey is being sourced in a sustainable and responsible way straight from the hives, both from their own apiaries in Perthshire, Scotland and in Poland. The honey you buy is hand-packed with recycled materials, and it is 100% plastic free, delivered in low emission vehicles. Their dedication to recycling and ecology is deeply rooted in company values and work ethos.
Honey has a long shelf life at room temperature without using any preservatives (approx 2 years) - so this case is perfect for storing.
Shipping & Returns:
This product is dispatched by Edinburgh Honey Co.
Please note this product can only be delivered to UK addresses. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a request to ship to all other countries.
Please note that a returns slip will be provided.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.