High quality, zesty, fresh and light Linden Honey. Great for Hot Toddys and to fight off winter colds.
Delicate but aromatic natural Linden honey straight from the hives, simply filtered through muslin cloth and jarred right away without any processing. The honey comes from family apiaries in Poland and is made in Scotland. Choose from 2 sizes of jar - 400g or 1kg.
You know that feeling when you wake up in the morning with a blocked nose? It is the worst. Luckily we have a natural and so tasty remedy for you. Just brew some tea or top your porridge. Linden honey is your go-to honey.
Did You know that Linden Honey is also known as Lime honey in the UK and Europe? It is one of the earliest recorded single origin honey and it is been used for its health benefits since Celtic times.
Obtained from the blossoms of Linden or Basswood trees of several species of Tilia, the nectar flows in late spring to early summer and flows strongest in warm humid weather.
Fresh and light, the intensity of the aroma and the taste is stronger than the colour would indicate. The aroma is described as woody, pharmacy and fresh, also described as mint, balsamic, menthol and camphor. It has low acidity, medium sweet and sometimes a light bitterness. It has a persistent aftertaste. The crystallisation rate is medium to fast with fine to medium sized crystals.
Linden honey is a great ingredient for any type of drinks. It is zesty and refreshing flavour. That is why it works both for summer refreshments, like lemonades, as well as winter hot toddys.
You can use it for salad dressing or instead of sugar in your baking.
• Linden honey mixed with lemon or tea is traditionally used to help with liver and gall bladder functions and inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract.
• Boosts immunity and helps naturally sooth a sore throat and treat colds and fevers.
• Linden honey can be applied to the skin to help heal sores, eczema and burns.
RULES FOR USING HONEY IN BAKING
- Honey is very sweet: With the amount to one glass of sugar in the recipe, use the same amount of honey. At the amount of the glass, replace each glass of sugar with 2/3 to 3/4 glass of honey.
- Honey contains water: Using more than one glass of honey instead of sugar, reduce 1/4 cup of liquid for one glass of honey.
- Honey is browning faster: Lower the baking temperature by 5 degrees and check the browning level every 10-15 minutes.
- Honey is slightly sour: For baking, add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to a glass of honey (if it is not in the recipe). This will reduce acidity and ensure good dough rise.
- The taste of honey: Honey-flavoured light does not significantly affect the taste of baking, but stronger varieties, such as buckwheat honey, can give their specific flavour and aroma.
About Edinburgh Honey Co.
They are Edinburgh based beekeepers and honey merchants, specialising in rare, high-quality honey, hand-packed with recycled materials only.
For 60 years, this independent, family-run business has offered nothing but the highest quality honey, infused with the story of the people who made it. This passion for honey grew stronger with each year and now the 3rd generation of beekeeping traditions is bringing you the finest Polish honey and bee pollen.
All of their honey is being sourced in a sustainable and responsible way straight from the hives, both from their own apiaries in Perthshire, Scotland and in Poland. The honey you buy is hand-packed with recycled materials, and it is 100% plastic free, delivered in low emission vehicles. Their dedication to recycling and ecology is deeply rooted in company values and work ethos.
Honey has a long shelf life at room temperature without using any preservatives (approx 2 years) - so this case is perfect for storing.
Shipping & Returns:
This product is dispatched by Edinburgh Honey Co.
Please note this product can only be delivered to UK addresses. Please contact email@example.com if you have a request to ship to all other countries.
Please note that a returns slip will be provided.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.