Polyfloral Forest Honey, rich in raspberry and blueberry pollen with a fruity flavour note. A kids favourite!
This beautiful wild forest honey straight from the hives, simply filtered through muslin cloth and jarred right away without any processing. The honey comes from family apiaries in Poland and is made in Scotland in a 1kg jar.
Cоntаіnѕ nесtаr frоm dіffеrеnt рlаnt vаrіеtіеѕ blооmіng аt thе ѕаmе tіmе (flоwеrѕ, hеrbѕ, fruіt, trееѕ, hеrbасеоuѕ рlаntѕ, еѕѕеntіаl оіl, fоrаgе, wооdу аnd оthеrs).
Forest Honey flow is often strong in late wet summers. It may be known generically as “Tree Honey” but also by the name of the particular source plant, “Fir Honey”, “Pine Honey”, “Lime Tree Honey”, “Oak Honey” etc.
Forest honey is highly appreciated in certain parts of the world by connoisseurs and honey lovers alike for its intense flavour and healthful properties.
Colour: Dark to ruby, honey coloured, sometimes with green fluorescence.
Taste: Intensity: medium, woody and warm. Medium sweetness with weak acidity. No bitterness with a medium aroma. Medium aftertaste.
Aroma: Woody and warm.
There is no better way to start your day than with porridge with our Forest honey. This great tasting honey will enrich your breakfast dishes. You can use it for porridge or pancakes. You can use it in coffee as a sugar alternative.
• Rich in Vitamins B & C.
• Boosts immunity and helps naturally sooth a sore throat.
• A great source of your 5 a day because it contains the same simple sugars and microelements as fruits and veg.
RULES FOR USING HONEY IN BAKING
- Honey is very sweet: With the amount to one glass of sugar in the recipe, use the same amount of honey. At the amount of the glass, replace each glass of sugar with 2/3 to 3/4 glass of honey.
- Honey contains water: Using more than one glass of honey instead of sugar, reduce 1/4 cup of liquid for one glass of honey.
- Honey is browning faster: Lower the baking temperature by 5 degrees and check the browning level every 10-15 minutes.
- Honey is slightly sour: For baking, add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to a glass of honey (if it is not in the recipe). This will reduce acidity and ensure good dough rise.
- The taste of honey: Honey-flavoured light does not significantly affect the taste of baking, but stronger varieties, such as buckwheat honey, can give their specific flavour and aroma.
About Edinburgh Honey Co.
They are Edinburgh based beekeepers and honey merchants, specialising in rare, high-quality honey, hand-packed with recycled materials only.
For 60 years, this independent, family-run business has offered nothing but the highest quality honey, infused with the story of the people who made it. This passion for honey grew stronger with each year and now the 3rd generation of beekeeping traditions is bringing you the finest Polish honey and bee pollen.
All of their honey is being sourced in a sustainable and responsible way straight from the hives, both from their own apiaries in Perthshire, Scotland and in Poland. The honey you buy is hand-packed with recycled materials, and it is 100% plastic free, delivered in low emission vehicles. Their dedication to recycling and ecology is deeply rooted in company values and work ethos.
Honey has a long shelf life at room temperature without using any preservatives (approx 2 years) - so this case is perfect for storing.
Shipping & Returns:
This product is dispatched by Edinburgh Honey Co.
Please note this product can only be delivered to UK addresses. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a request to ship to all other countries.
Please note that a returns slip will be provided.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.