CorkYogis Premium Cork Yoga Mat provides extra cushion, a non-slip, anti-bacterial and natural surface for your yoga practice. The grip actually increases as you sweat!
Premium thickness (5mm) of the rubber base provides extra cushion for your yoga practice which is perfect for:
- Outdoor yoga (or slightly uneven surfaces)
- People with injuries as it provides the extra padding under your knees
- Yin yoga & pregnancy yoga practices as the extra thickness and size of mat provides more cushioning during long-held poses. The natural surface temperature of cork is the same as human body temperature meaning that you won’t get cold during those long yin postures.
CorkYogis are a unique company that has created the first cork yoga mats with a social mission. The premium cork yoga mat is for all yoga lovers, whether you practice in studio, whilst travelling or at home.
This mat works perfectly during the following yoga styles: hot/bikram yoga, vinyasa, ashtanga and power yoga. CorkYogis mats are also great for Pilates and any sort of cardio exercises.
Simply roll out your CorkYogis Premium Cork Mat flat with the rubber side down to use. The rubber on the bottom effectively grips the floor due to the little ridges.
HERE’S WHY YOU'LL LOVE THESE MATS:
- Grippyness – don’t you hate slipping around as soon as your hands start sweating? CorkYogis cork yoga mats have grip that actually increases as you sweat, giving you an unbeatable grip throughout your yoga practice.
- Natural – We know what is important to you yogis and natural materials is just that. CorkYogis cork mats provide a natural surface for practice which is perfect for keeping you more grounded and closer to nature with every sun salutation.
- You won't hurt the planet - CorkYogis cork is a renewable material and CorkYogis ensure the eco-credentials & fair-trade status of their sustainably harvested cork from regulated cork forests in Portugal.
- Anti- bacterial – Studies have shown that your average gym yoga mat can contain more germs and bacteria than a toilet seat! CorkYogis wants to keep yogis fit on their spiritual journey. Cork is organically anti-bacterial so it provides the perfect clean and healthy surface for your yoga every time.
- Easy to roll up like a normal yoga mat.
- Easy to clean with just warm water.
- They’re extra long - measuring 1803 x 660 x 5 mm thick (weight 3kg).
- Made from 1mm sustainable, natural cork + 4mm non-slip, flexible rubber bottom, giving the mat a stunning yet natural look and feel.
- Every CorkYogis mat that is sold helps women in India out of sex slavery - CorkYogis make a donation for every mat towards one girls' employment training through sewing and literacy courses, helping to give more girls a future.
+ Don’t fold or crease your CorkYogis cork yoga mat.
+ Roll it up loosely like you would any other yoga mat, so that cork is on the outside and the rubber surface is on the inside of the rolled mat.
+ Don’t worry about sweating – the mat grips even better when you do!
+ Thankfully cork is self cleaning which is great, however we recommend you clean the cork surface monthly, simply with warm water and a squeeze of lemon to remove sweat and body oils.
+ Spraying the surface of your mat with a standard cleaning spray can also work well. Leave out until the surface is dry, then roll up as usual.
ABOUT CORKYOGIS, THE CORK & THE CHARITY
CorkYogis is a new ethical yoga company specialising in eco-friendly Cork Yoga Mats and helping women in India out of sex slavery.
CorkYogis promise to continue to work towards being the most eco-friendly and human-friendly they can possibly be. This journey starts with using sustainably harvested cork from the Cork Oak tree in Portugal. The cork is harvested carefully every 9-10 years. The first harvest occurs when the tree is 15-20 years old, once the bark is taken from the tree it takes about 9 years for the bark to grow back and be ready for harvest again.
The cork forests are regulated and managed with extreme care so not to damage the trees and creating this amazing renewable material.
Once the bark is removed from the oak trees, the bark is left out in the open to dry out for a period of 6 months. This weathering process actually improves the quality of the cork. The cork is then processed and used. No part of the cork goes un-used, even the cork dust particles are used in various cork products. This to ensure that none of the precious material is wasted, creating a sustainable process.
Cork harvesting in Portugal is one of the worlds best paid labour jobs, this ensures that the cork farmers and harvesters are getting a good wage for their resources. CorkYogis only support fair trade and care about good conditions for farmers in Portugal.
CorkYogis supports The Destiny Foundation, a Kolkata based charity who combat the immense injustices of human trafficking and the trials faced by human trafficking survivors. They work hard to empower and educate survivors to learn skills to find dignified employment and create a better future.
To do this they provide valuable and free training courses in sewing and literacy to give the girls employable skills, they then sell handmade products made out of recycled saree material to create financial independence. The girls are accepted into a loving, family environment that they often never had, the girls are treated as individuals with their own individual journey and challenges to overcome. Their moto is ‘One life at a time’.
For every natural CorkYogis mat purchased, CorkYogis provide a contribution towards a training course for one girl.
Delivery & Returns:
This product is dispatched by CorkYogis and a returns label will be included in your parcel.
CURRENTLY RE-STOCKING - AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE WITH DELIVERY AFTER 20 SEPTEMBER 2018.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.