High quality rapeseed honey infusion with gingerbread spices - like Christmas on a spoon.
A toffee-textured, unique honey treat for those who love gingerbread spices, a light and floral rapeseed honey infused with spices, made in Scotland. Choose from 3 sizes of jar - 120g, 400g or 1kg.
This heartwarming honey, rich in Vitamin C is simply filtered through muslin cloth and jarred right away without any processing. You can use it for hot Toddys, evening tea or your baking.
Giving a toffee-like, almost fudgy texture, it has a texture similar to soft set caramel thanks to the churned honey.
Rape honey crystallises very fast in less than 25 degrees C. You can always de-crystalise your honey by submerging jar in hot yet not boiling water and let both cool down. This way you are malting the honey but not pasteurising it.
• Boosts immunity and helps naturally sooth a sore throat.
• Rapeseed Honey has anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties to help wave off colds, treat ulcers and promote digestive health.
RULES FOR USING HONEY IN BAKING
- Honey is very sweet: With the amount to one glass of sugar in the recipe, use the same amount of honey. At the amount of the glass, replace each glass of sugar with 2/3 to 3/4 glass of honey.
- Honey contains water: Using more than one glass of honey instead of sugar, reduce 1/4 cup of liquid for one glass of honey.
- Honey is browning faster: Lower the baking temperature by 5 degrees and check the browning level every 10-15 minutes.
- Honey is slightly sour: For baking, add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to a glass of honey (if it is not in the recipe). This will reduce acidity and ensure good dough rise.
- The taste of honey: Honey-flavoured light does not significantly affect the taste of baking, but stronger varieties, such as buckwheat honey, can give their specific flavour and aroma.
ABOUT MIOD RAW HONEY CO.
They are Edinburgh based beekeepers and honey merchants, specialising in rare, high-quality honey, hand-packed with recycled materials only.
For 60 years, this independent, family-run business has offered nothing but the highest quality honey, infused with the story of the people who made it. This passion for honey grew stronger with each year and now the 3rd generation of beekeeping traditions is bringing you the finest Polish honey and bee pollen.
All of their honey is being sourced in a sustainable and responsible way both from their own apiaries in Perthshire, Scotland and in Poland. The honey you buy is hand-packed with recycled materials, and it is 100% plastic free, delivered in low emission vehicles. Their dedication to recycling and ecology is deeply rooted in company values and work ethos.
Miod Raw Honey have a long shelf life at room temperature without using any preservatives (approx 2 years) - so this case is perfect for storing.
Shipping & Returns:
This product is dispatched by Miod Raw Honey Co.
Please note this product can only be delivered to UK addresses. Please contact email@example.com if you have a request to ship to all other countries.
Please note that a returns slip will be provided.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.