The ultimate flexibility & support aid made from 100% natural and sustainable cork.
CorkYogis' yoga wheels provide multiple ways to assist with your yoga practice. The yoga wheel will help with stretching, strengthening, flexibility and balance.
This yoga wheel helps you achieve those more complex postures and are an excellent tool for:
- Deep front side of body stretch: Chest, shoulders, heart opening, hip flexors and abs,
- Safe and effective spinal massage,
- Improves posture, spine health and mobility,
- Restorative tool to increase flexibility,
- Assists yogis in exploring 'advanced' postures and build confidence in backbends and inversions.
The outer layer is sturdy, sustainably harvested cork from Portugal with a simple, easy-clean inner base. This yoga wheel is an amazing tool for balance and building strength and is built to provide stability your practice needs and to last a lifetime and achieve your yoga goals.
These yoga wheels are great for beginners and yogis wanting to achieve the deepest most advanced asanas to take you to infinite heights!
Size: 23cm x 12cm x 7.5cm.
HERE’S WHY YOU'LL LOVE THESE WHEELS:
- Renewable Cork from Portugal from natural and sustainable sources.
- Cork is non-allergenic, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-static.
- Grippy cork material increases as you sweat, giving you unbeatable grip.
- CorkYogis donate towards helping women in India out of sex slavery via employment training and literacy courses.
SUGGESTION ON HOW TO USE THIS WHEEL:
Massage the spine, chest and shoulders in a warm up to prepare the body for yoga.
- In a seated position, line the wheel up against your lower back.
- Plant your feet and take your arms overhead. Lightly push through the feet and allow your spine to melt over the wheel, slowly rolling back and forward.
- Roll to your own depth on this particular day of practice, being mindful of not hitting your head on the floor.
- Stay in one spot for a few slow measured breaths.
- Gently roll back to start until your bottom connects with the floor.
- Counterpose with child's pose.
+ Don’t drop or bounce your CorkYogis wheel.
+ Store carefully so that other furniture isn't denting the natural cork on the outside of the wheel.
+ Thankfully cork is self cleaning which is great, however we recommend you clean the cork surface monthly, simply with warm water and a squeeze of lemon to remove sweat and body oils.
+ Spraying the cork surface of your wheel with a standard cleaning spray can also work well. Leave out until the surface is dry.
ABOUT CORKYOGIS, THE CORK & THE CHARITY
CorkYogis is a new ethical yoga company specialising in eco-friendly Cork Yoga Mats and helping women in India out of sex slavery.
CorkYogis promise to continue to work towards being the most eco-friendly and human-friendly they can possibly be. This journey starts with using sustainably harvested cork from the Cork Oak tree in Portugal. The cork is harvested carefully every 9-10 years. The first harvest occurs when the tree is 15-20 years old, once the bark is taken from the tree it takes about 9 years for the bark to grow back and be ready for harvest again.
The cork forests are regulated and managed with extreme care so not to damage the trees and creating this amazing renewable material.
Once the bark is removed from the oak trees, the bark is left out in the open to dry out for a period of 6 months. This weathering process actually improves the quality of the cork. The cork is then processed and used. No part of the cork goes un-used, even the cork dust particles are used in various cork products. This to ensure that none of the precious material is wasted, creating a sustainable process.
Cork harvesting in Portugal is one of the worlds best paid labour jobs, this ensures that the cork farmers and harvesters are getting a good wage for their resources. CorkYogis only support fair trade and care about good conditions for farmers in Portugal.
CorkYogis supports The Destiny Foundation, a Kolkata based charity who combat the immense injustices of human trafficking and the trials faced by human trafficking survivors. They work hard to empower and educate survivors to learn skills to find dignified employment and create a better future.
To do this they provide valuable and free training courses in sewing and literacy to give the girls employable skills, they then sell handmade products made out of recycled saree material to create financial independence. The girls are accepted into a loving, family environment that they often never had, the girls are treated as individuals with their own individual journey and challenges to overcome. Their moto is ‘One life at a time’.
For every natural CorkYogis purchase, CorkYogis provide a contribution towards a training course for one girl.
Delivery & Returns:
This product is dispatched by CorkYogis and a returns label will be included in your parcel.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.