100% Pure Coconut Palm Nectar - a low glycemic natural sweetener
Also known as Coconut Blossom Sugar, this natural alternative sweetener is an ideal ingredient for baking, sweetening drinks or porridge, giving a mild and not overly sweet taste.
Unlike some coconut palm sugars on the market that are mixed with cane sugar or malt-based sugars, this 500g packet of 100% pure coconut palm nectar is made from the sugary sap of the coconut palm tree, Coco nucifera. It is a low glycemic natural sweetener that produces a slow release of energy without the highs and lows, ideally suited to diabetics.
The liquid nectar is collected from the cut flower buds, then boiled typically for 3-4 hours, which prevents fermentation and drives off the water. The reduced sap is then cooled before being ground to form a naturally brown crystalline sugar. It's a simple process that produces a simple and high-quality product that can be easily grinded to a fine powder.
- 100% Pure Coconut Palm Nectar
- Nutrient rich, high in potassium, magnesium, zinc and iron, as well as being a good source of vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and C.
- Coconut Blossom Sugar is rated as GI 35, which is lower than other sweeteners (eg. agave GI 42, Honey GI 55 and cane sugar GI 68). This has benefits for weight control and improving glucose and lipid levels in people with diabetes (type 1 and type 2).
- Packaged in 100% compostable bags
Instructions for Use:
Coconut Palm Sugar can be used in a wide range of raw chocolate recipes, usually gently melted with Raw Cacao Powder & Raw Cacao Butter and is a key ingredient in the Raw Chocolate Making Kit + Raw Chilli Chocolate Making Kit by Elements for Life.
- Sweeten drinks or porridge
- Use for making delicious raw chocolates
- Use in raw treats or traditional baking
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Low GI
Why you'll love this Raw Cacao Ingredient:
Elements for Life make an award winning range of raw chocolate products, all free from dairy, gluten, soya and refined sugars. With nothing artificial and packed full of goodness these products are suitable for vegans, diabetics, lactose intolerance and coeliacs. And of course anyone who loves raw chocolate.
Please store away from direct sunlight, in a cool, dry place. The best before date is printed on each packet.
Delivery & Returns:
This product is dispatched by Elements For Life. Please note that as food/perishable goods, Elements For Life products cannot be shipped outside the UK nor returned. This does not affect your statutory consumer rights.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.